Pages

20100704

My salsa dancing class

Windy from The Nation say "Everytime I see someone dancing on the screen it makes me feel so alive. What with the swirling of the body, the beautiful movements of men and women entertwined in the music and rhythm that makes them and me both breathless.

So I decided after years and years of avoiding what I like, I decided to give in to temptations and actually started dancing! I enrolled in a salsa class and thanks to god, I found a good teacher this time who was polite and spoke slowly so that

I understand every step.

What I love about dancing is not so much the fact that you get to lose yourself, but I realised that dancing is about gaining control than losing it. First of all in salsa the man controls and leads the woman while the woman follows. That's not what I like, but what I learned is that if the man controls, and we don't like the way they lead us, we have the power to not follow. How cool is that? And my teacher always say "It's the man's fault" if they can't lead you the right way. So how cool is that?

So that is my update on my salsa class, I think it's the best thing that ever happened to me this year for now!"

No comments: